If used Lurpark butter, it can be called Danish Butter Shortcakes.
However, if we use New Zealand butter can it be called New Zealand Butter Shortcakes? Likewise for Australian butter.
Base Cookie Dough Ingredients:
125g Salted Butter
125g Plain FLour
25g Icing Sugar
25g Corn Starch
0.5 teaspoon Vanilla Paste
1 tablespoon Milk
- Place Salted Butter and Icing Sugar and whisk until light and fluffy. Add Vanilla Extract and whisk for 10 secs.
- Pour sifted flour and Corn Starch into mixing bowl. Mix until well combine.
- Add Milk and mix well, the mixture should be thick, sticky, soft and can hold it's shape.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Fill the dough into a piping bag with 1M tip or Star tip.
- Pipe your desire shape onto the silicon mat, remember to leave approx 1cm.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are slightly light brown.
6cm x 8cm size yields approx 12pcs. Bake for about 20 minutes.
Straight down 1" size flower approx 65pcs. Bake for about 15 minutes.
Ring loop 2" diameter size yields approx 30pcs. Bake for about 20 minutes.
Some Extra Tips Below:
- To have uniform shape cookies, draw grids on one of the baking sheet, place another baking sheet on top and pipe according to the shadow grid. Continue until complete.
Below is my creations hopefully it'll inspire you. You may bake the Viennese Biscuits and make all kinds varieties as below. Hope you all will love this recipe.
Dark Chocolate Viennese Biscuits
Strawberry Sandwich Viennese Biscuits
Passion Fruit Sandwich Viennese Biscuits
Click here for our blog page Baking Classes for more recipes. Hope you will be inspired~