Happy belated Halloween! Made this on the 30th Oct with a twist to suit the mood. Witch Fingers it is!
Approx 20 cookies (depends on the size of the fingers you're moulding)
125g All Purpose Flour
50g Icing Sugar
1 pinch of Salt
1 Egg Yolk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
50g melted Chocolate
20 Almonds (removed almond brown skin, by blenching the almonds in hot boiling water for 2 mins)
Step By Step
1. Mix Egg Yolk, Vanilla Essence and set aside.
2. Mix All Purpose Flour, Icing Sugar, Salt and make a well in the middle. Put in the butter in the middle and rub the butter in until well combined.
3. Add the Egg Yolk mixture and mix until you have a homogenous dough or until it is completely smooth.
3. Roll it into a ball, wrap in kitchen clingfilm and refrigerate for about an hour.
4. Pre-heat the oven at 200°C.
5. Shape the shortbread to fingers and press in the Almond as fingernails.
6. Bake in the over for 15mins or until it is slightly brown at the edges.
7. Remove and while it cool thinly coat the inner fingernails with melted chocolate.
Picture without the outline with melted chocolate.
After edding on the melted chocolate outline of the fingernails. Mmmm... i'll add some sticky thicken strawberry jam at the end of the finger to make it more scary, that will be next time.
Click here for our blog page Baking Classes for more recipes. Hope you will be inspired~