1.5 teaspoons of Coconut Essence or Coconut Cream
250g Salted Butter
200g Brown Sugar
0.5 teaspoon of Salt
50g Nestum or Ground Almond
290g All Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
0.5 teaspoon Baking Soda
240g Chocolate Chips
20g Dried Coconut Shavings
Step By Step
1. Beat Egg with Coffee Emulco or Vanilla Essence in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Sift All Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat Salted Butter, Brown Sugar & Salt until all the crystal melt and combine.
4. Pour in the beaten Egg mixture and mix well.
5. Pour in the Sifted Flour mixture and fold till well combine.
6. Pour in Nestum and fold till well combine.
7. Pour in Chocolate Chips, Dried Coconut Shavings and fold till evenly distributed.
8. Place in the fridge to chill for minimum 2 hours to let the flavor infuse.
9. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
10. Roughly roll the cookie dough and place on the baking sheet.
11. Place in the oven to bake until golden brown.
12. Cool completely before serving.
0.5 teaspoon of cookie dough yields approx 160pcs. Bake for about 8 minutes.
1 teaspoon of cookie dough yields approx 80pcs. Bake for about 16 minutes.
1 tablespoon of cookie dough yields approx 50pcs. Bake for about 22 minutes.
Some Extra Tips Below:
- Recommended to mix the dough and let it chill overnight in the fridge.
- Leave it on the counter top to bring it back to room tempreture before baking.
- If you're using a mixer, remember to do remove and manually fold in the Instant Oatmeal and Raisins.
- Remember space it slightly apart to let the cookie have space to brown evenly.
- To allow the flavour and fragrance to develop further, store cookies in an airtight container overnight before serving.
- You can store the mixed cookie dough (well wrapped) in the fridge for up to 3 to 5 days.
Click here for our blog page Baking Classes for more recipes. Hope you will be inspired~