It's slight, fluffy, moist, bounce back when you gently press it. This is extremely close to childhood banana cake I've been searching for. However, do feel that the banana selected might have cause the slight difference.
250g Mashed Ripe Banana
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
130g Cake Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
40ml Vegetable Oil
Step By Step
- Sift Cake Flour, Baking Powder and Salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add in Mashed Banana and Baking Powder. Stir well and set aside for 45 minutes.
- Preheat Oven at 180°C.
- Beat Eggs and Sugar until light and fluffy, close to ribbon stage.
- Fold in 1/6 of Flour mixture. Repeat.
- Fold in Banana mixture.
- Lastly, slowly add in Vegetable Oil while folding.
- Pour into the lined baking loaf pan.
- Bake for 35mins or until when insert the cake tester it comes out clean.
- Let it fully cool on a wire rack before slicing it up & storing into air tight container gor storage.
Some Extra Tips Below:
- What Banana to choose? Thin Skin Type. Leave it to ripe fully or until slightly black.
- It's crucial to leave the Mashed Banana & Baking Soda to work it's magic. This is a tip from a few bakers.
- Steps can be changed to mix all these together (sifted Cake Flour, sifted Baking Powder, Salt, Eggs, Sugar, Vegetable Oil) at least for 10mins or until fluffy before folding in the Banana Mix.
Click here for our blog page Baking Classes for more recipes. Hope you will be inspired~