Saturday, May 8, 2010

Vietnam Kitchen - 1 Utama

In an effort to reduce food expenses I managed to con...vince the gang into dinner - that way I get to post more pictures without needing to pay for the food! Win-win situation all round. Anyways, Vietnam Kitchen was the food-place of choice, specifically the 1Utama branch.

First off, some drinks: Mango blended with White Jelly, and Red and Mung Bean with Coconut Ice (both MYR6.50). I must admit I didn't care much for the Mango which wasn't special, but I love the beany one.


The darling, GS and I share a "Set A" ($33.90) which comes with:

(i) Sweet and Sour Chicken. Quite a decent-tasting dish, if perhaps not quite representative of Vietnamese cooking.


(ii) Stir-Fried Bean Sprout with Salted Fish.


(iii) Stewed Pork Rib with Caramel Sauce. This dish was pretty good, actually. Pork was nicely stewed and the sauce was tasty without being too salty.


(iv) Tofu with Minced Pork and Mushroom. No picture. Because, well ... it's tofu. With some sauce. Couldn't get a nice picture of that no matter how hard I tried ;D

EC had the Sliced Chicken & Spring Roll Vermicelli (MYR11.90):


AS rounds off the food with a Mixed Vegetable Fried Noodle (MYR12.90).


Vietnam Kitchen has 5 outlets in Malaysia thus far. Having never travelled to Vietnam I can't vouch for the authenticity of the cuisine, but overall it isn't too bad a place to have some nice food at very reasonable prices. 3 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment