Saturday, January 28, 2012

Keisuke's Crab Broth and Tonkotsu Ramens.

Ramen Dining Keisuke Tokyo, part deux! My previous (solo) visit was on 22 Jan, where I commented that the Shoyu Ramen was a little too salty for my tastes. I've got the darling with me for a second opinion, though, as we snack on the chili oil bean sprouts while waiting for our noodles.


Green Tea at SGD3.80 a pot seems a bit expensive, no? Love the guy/girl tea mugs though.


On the the noodles! My Tonkotsu Ramen Premium (SGD14.80) had a nice, strong, porky flavor, and the cha-shu was more tender and juicy this time round, but our opinion is that it suffers from the same disappointment as in my previous visit - too much sodium! It's bearable with the noodles, but once you've polished them off, the remaining soup is just too salty to slurp up.

I mean, I needed one and a half cups of green tea to wash away the lingering salt aftertaste!


We also tried the Crab Stock Ramen with Egg (SGD15.80) is ... different. For starters, it's more like Lam Mee than Ramen, since the broth is a lot thicker & starchier, and the noodles are closer in size to udon. It's unique and actually pretty good, with a nice crabby flavor and aroma.


Overall, we feel that it's worth taking a trip down to Millenia Walk at least once to try Keisuke's Crab stock Ramen. If you're not a fan of crab the tonkotsu is pretty tasty, but unless you've got a high salt tolerance you should perhaps choose to have your soup "light" instead of "normal." Non-halal.

Our Ramen Rankings:
Superb!: Ippudo & Santouka
Delicious!: Nantsuttei, Tampopo & Keisuke Tonkotsu King
Solid: Shin-Sapporo, Keisuke, Gantetsu, Gensuke, Riki, Ikkousha & Bario
Below Average: Marutama, Menya Musashi & Menya Iroha

1 comment:

  1. crab stock soup! that makes me wonder, what else can be used as broth stock for ramen. i wonder if a beef stock would taste good :D

    ReplyDelete