Thursday, May 13, 2010

Prego at the Westin KL

I've been abusing my Starwood Privilege Card lately. Who wouldn't abuse a 50% discount on some of the nicest restaurants in town? Anyway took a weekday trip to Prego at The Westin KL for a quick dinner. Got an upstairs table overlooking the open kitchen - I adore open kitchens, it's a lot of fun watching the chefs in action.


Dinner at Prego comes with this loaf of bread with tomato dip to start. I find the quality a bit inconsistent - previous visit the bread had a nicer crust, this visit it wasn't even warmed up properly (center was cool). Also don't care much for the tomato dip, prefer a good butter (or olive oil + balsamic vinegar) anytime.


We have the Antipasto (MYR43.00) to start, which is an appetizer sampler plate. I like the taste of the Calamari, but not the texture which is a bit on the chewy side. Smoked Salmon is heavenly and the cheese-on-tomato is unique and tasty. I have absolutely no idea what cheese it is, though, ha ha. Beef fillet is a bit of a miss for us.


We decide to do pastas and I have a Prego Carbonara Fettucinne (MYR31.00). Absolutely heavenly! The sauces for each serving of pasta is whipped up individually, and this one is the perfect creaminess. Bacon (presumably beef) is generous, too. Would definitely come back and eat this again :D


The darling had Vongone Linguine (Clams in white wine sauce, MYR32). The clams themselves were great and full of flavor, but the sauce was perhaps a bit too bland for our Malaysian taste buds. Of course, no complaints on the pasta which is perfectly cooked.


Despite being stuffed we share a Tiramisu Tradizionale (MYR21.00). Comes in a glass, and has real brandy! Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts, and this one didn't disappoint. Only 4-out-of-5 stars though, I like the tiramisu in cafe cafe KL more :)


Dinner for two after the SP discount came up to MYR73.05 - which is plenty reasonable for starter, main course and dessert! I'm not too sure if I'd be as satisfied with the food and pricing without the SP discount, though.

3 comments:

  1. I love the Prego Carbonara!!!
    Really love to go back for more~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from The Westin Kuala Lumpur,

    We are glad that you have had an exceptional dining experience at Prego. We look forward to having you with us again.

    Have a refreshing week ahead.

    be well,
    Yoke May
    F&B Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there,

    we would like to invite you to sample a new dining concept @ Qba this Saturday, B4 @ Qba. Would you be interested? do drop me an email at yokemay.mah@westin.com and I will arrange accordingly. :)

    Hope to hear from you.

    Be well,
    Yoke May
    F&B Marketing

    ReplyDelete