Sunday, May 30, 2010

Jin Xuan dimsum, Damansara Jaya.

Word of warning ~ being a semi banana this post will be yet again all pictures and not much words. Mostly because not only do I not know how to read/write Chinese much, but I don't even know the names of half the things I eat at any dimsum shops :)

Anyway the darling and I had lunch/late breakfast at our favorite dimsum joint - Jin Xuan dimsum at Damansara Jaya


No idea how the place is on weekdays, but on weekends it's mucho crowded. Unlike other dimsum places you take a number and wait your turn, so it's a lot more civilized - no need to go stand next to a table which seems like they're almost done and pressure them to faster faster get up and leave :D


View of the interior - nice, clean, bright, and most importantly, air conditioned!


Lots of waiters walking around carrying lots of delicious dimsum morsels.


On to the food! The dimsum portions are generously big, tasty, and juicy - the siewmai and fishballs are quite a bit bigger than any other place I've been in Malaysia.


Hargao (right) and the scallop equivalent of hargao


Lohmaikai (yummy) and chee chong fun.


Wookok and egg tarts. The egg tart crust is the 'pastry' type - uh ... something like multiple layered (like crossaints). I'm so good at this food description thing ;D


Total bill was MYR40.00 for two, which in my opinion was very worth it. I haven't come across a better dimsum place in KL.

Jin Xuan Hong Kong Dim Sum
59, 61 & 63, Jalan SS22/19,
Damansara Jaya,
47300 Petaling Jaya


No comments:

Post a Comment