Sunday, February 13, 2011

Penang Best Chicken Rice - Sky Restaurant, Lebuh Chulia

So anyway my dad read an article the other day in The Edge, about the best street food in Penang. The writer suggested that the best chicken rice is in Sky Hotel & Restaurant - so him, me, and the whole family take a drive to Lebuh Chulia to see just how good this chicken rice is.

First impressions are good. The 'restaurant' is in fact a typical coffee shop that serves only chicken (and other roast meats) rice. The place seems to sell out pretty quick - we were there at 1pm and they were almost sold out already. Definitely need to come here early.






Final thoughts:

- The chicken was very, very smooth. However it was also very, very oily. I honestly can't tell whether the chicken was smooth cos it was smooth, or smooth cos of all the oil swirling around my mouth.

- Roast Pork (siew yuk) was just OK. Skin wasn't that crispy and the meat wasn't fatty enough for me (haha I know I know, I'm a glutton for fatty siew yuk).

- Fork Roast (char siew) was nice tasting and nicely roasted but perhaps was a tad bit too 'burnt' for my liking. Wasn't as good as KL's ones though, haha.

- They were out of chicken (oiled) rice so we only had plain :(


Sky Restaurant (actually a coffee shop) and Hotel (actually a cheap motel) is in Lebuh Chulia, Penang. Come early! Seems to sell out not too far past 1pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment