Better taste then most of the common restaurant serving this out there! Once you start eating you can't really stop but take another and another!
A sudden craving of home-style Tom Yam & Chicken Stock steamboat! Made a need for some 水餃 / Shuigao!
How i came up with this idea?
Dear has a few user name / nickname "Shuigao" which he told me before that he and his secondary school mates all have cute weird name after food. This makes me want to make this dish to go long with our steamboat dinner! So, I can eat him up!!! Just kidding~
If you do not believe me, try asking uncle google... Have taken a screenshot of the results which has his face of the photo he submitted for his iMas Travel head shot!
Getting back to this marvelous recipe, that should be share!!!
300g Minced Pork Meat
3-4 tablespoons of Shallots (Finely Chopped)
7-8 tablespoons of Water Chestnut (Finely Chopped)
3-4 tablespoons of Spring Onions (Finely Chopped)
Wan Ton Skin (Round Shape)
2 tablespoons of Light Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon of Oyster Sauce
1 teaspoon of Sesame Oil
2 teaspoon of Chinese Cooking Wine
1 teaspoon of Cornflour
Dash of Pepper
1. Put Minced Pork Meat, Shallots, Water Chestnut, Spring Onion in a big bowl, and mix till even out.
2. Add all the seasonings, then mix them properly using two teaspoons.
3. Shift all the mixed bowl of minced pork mix, bring along a container with the base covered with kitchen towel and dusted with cornflour. Also, the Wan Tan Skin! To a comfortable place for your wrapping process to start.
Bare with me... I love having fun + humming any random while preparing food, which believes that will make the food taste nicer...myths myths...hehe~
4. Take a piece of Wan Tan Skin, curve your hand in a "C" shape and place 1 1/4 teaspoons of minced pork mix in the center of the "C" Curve.
Wondering how i get mine so perfect?
Shape it with the teaspoon to make it round and centered. Like shown in the picture below.
5. When done, use your index finger or thumb to rub some egg whites on the full edge.
Note: Be generous by rubbing about 1cm - 1.5cm deep from the edge as we want it to fully seal nicely.
6. Seal from the Center Top then one side to another. Try to avoid any air bubbles trapped inside.
7. Place it in the container prepared.
8. Remember if you wanna make more for another day, pack them up separately in the air tight bag (*Wan Tan Skin will dry up) or container and store them in the freezer. Reason is the Wan Tan Skin will actually be moist and if left in the open. Since I am preparing fresh for the steamboat dinner, I left it in the fridge.
9. Boil chicken stock soup or tom yam soup, it all works. When it's boiled place the Pork Filled Dumplings and wait for it to float (*means it's done)!
10. Dish it out to serve HOT!
it looks irresistible
To make it more marvelous. Serve it with either............
Ginger Vinegar Sauce - for Non Spicy diners!
Recipe link Here...
Dry Shrimp Chili Oil - for Chili diners!
Recipe link Here...
I love both !!!
Sorry for the blurry picture, busy busy gabbling down hungrily.
Click here for our blog page Cooking Classes for more recipes. Hope you will be inspired~